5-15 minutes by car
- Les Eyzies : the Museum of Prehistory, the caves of Combarelle and Font de Gaume, the shelter Pataud, the deposit of Laugerie Basse, the Grotte du Grand Roc and its magnificent eccentric crystalline concretions, the Grotte du Sorcier (St Cirq) and its prehistoric engravings with one of the very rare human representations.
- Le Bugue : Parc Le Bournat, reproduction of a village in 1900 ; the Aquarium du Périgord Noir, the Proumeyssac chasm (reserve for a descent in a basket)
- Limeuil : labelled « one of the most beautiful villages in France »
- Paunat : its Benedictine abbey
- Le Buisson de Cadouin : the magnificent crystalline concretions of the cave of Maxange
30 minutes by car
- Urval : its church and its 14th century common oven
- Cadouin : its Cistercian abbey listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Belvès : labelled « one of the most beautiful villages in France », its castrum, its troglodytic dwellings
- Saint Léon sur Vézère : labelled « one of the most beautiful villages in France » with its church
- Marquay : the Château de Puymartin and the prehistoric shelter of Cap Blanc
- La Roque Saint Christophe : ancient city suspended on a cliffside above the Vézère river.
- Le Château de Commarques : an isolated fortress on a rocky spur in a lost valley
- Sarlat : its sublime 16th-17th century town centre, its theatre and film festival
- Le Château de Beynac : a medieval fortress dating back to the 12th century, restored by a lover of the site, its village which is labelled « one of the most beautiful villages in France ».
- Le château des Milandes : residence of Josephine Baker
- La Roque Gageac : troglodytic village on the banks of the Dordogne, labelled « one of the most beautiful villages in France ».
45 minutes by car
- Le Château de Castelnaud : its museum of war in the Middle Ages
- Saint Avit Sénieur : listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its church
- Les Jardins de Marqueyssac : every Thursday in summer, candlelit evenings and musical walks in the castle’s large park.
- Domme : its XIIIth century bastide, its cave and one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Lascaux IV à Montignac : the emblematic site of prehistory
- Les jardins d’Eyrignac : 10 hectares of plant sculptures